Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Raymond DeCapite


I love discovering a new writer.
When Larry Smith was out here
he told me about Raymond DeCapite. 
I read his book THE LOST KING
and was amazed how smoothly 
and poetically he writes. That's 
one of my favorite books now.
Unfortunately DeCapite's books
are very hard to find. When 
Larry left to return to Ohio
he forgot to bring along  his
copy of GO VERY HIGHLY
TRIPPINGLY TO AND FRO.
We just found it inside the 
cushion of our chair
(that chair is notorious for
such behavior). However
before I return it to him 
this gives me a chance to 
read this new book. 
Once again I'm in awe
of DeCapite's writing 
and it's inspiring me on
in my new project too.
Larry Smith is writing 
an essay on DeCapite
(in fact he left some notes
in the book he left behind)
and I'm looking forward 
to knowing more about 
this King of Cleveland writers. 
More about him soon.

Also check out:

http://www.sparklestreet.com/RayDecapite.html


No comments:

Post a Comment