Thursday, May 30, 2013

4 mornings ago























Four mornings ago, I woke up at 2 AM from a 
very bizarre sci-fi dream. I wrote down some 
notes in the dark to start working it into a story. 
Then that very day at the library, a book that I 
requested arrived: THE SEARCH FOR PHILIP 
K. DICK, written by his third wife Anne Dick. 
He has long been a writing model for me, a 
teacher and inspiration. He says in this book 
that it takes 20-30 years to succeed as a 
literary writer, which may be true. 
(I finished my first novel in 1988 and have 
written over thirty since then, so I’m still waiting.) 
Even as I’m writing my sci-fi story based on my 
dream, while also working on a new novel featuring 
two robots, reading this book is real interesting 
and reminds me to stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment