Wednesday, December 23, 2020

marlowing

Been writing a film noir novel and been reading Raymond Chandler for inspiration. Just finished his novel THE HIGH WINDOW and watched some of the movie rendition The Brasher Doubloon. It's strange to think about Chandler watching that movie premiere which I'm sure he would have done, sitting in the theater smoking and trying not to say anything. I wonder what he thought of this Marlowe. He's a tough character to cast. He's smart and kind but also he gets knocked out all the time. I guess Chandler wanted Cary Grant which is interesting. I would love to see one of my books turned into a movie, how fun that would be to see. I love having artists illustrate my books, seeing how they picture things: Fred, Annabelle and Aaron have all done amazing jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment